Re: PDF pages rotated

Subject: Re: PDF pages rotated
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 05:15:25 -0500

John,

It's early in the morning, so maybe I'm too foggy to visualize what you are
describing. What I think you are saying is that the left and right ends of the
PPT slide are cut off and the middle portion is oriented vertically on a
landscape page. Right?

If so, look at your printer settings where you are going from PPT to PS as well
as your Distiller printer properties. The problem is occurring before you get to
Exchange. My guess is that you are creating the original PS file with the wrong
orientation. Switch it to the opposite of what it is now and see what happens.

John Cornellier wrote:

> I'm printing a PPT to PS for conversion to PDF via distiller. The pages
> (slides) in the PPT are landscape. The pages in the PDF display sideways. So
> the horizontally-oriented pages appear in landscape, but are displayed
> rotated 90 degrees in the Reader.
> Footnotes
> 1. Hmm, "display" without an object. Still, I think it sounds OK. Or maybe
> I've been infected?
> 2. This is _not_ about paper vs. PDF. I'm going to use PDF, and I don't care
> what the neighbours say.
> 3. Acrobat Pro 2.1.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=