STC Idea Market

Subject: STC Idea Market
From: "Thomas L. Warren" <Twarren_osu -at- OSU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:04:22 -0600

Lisa asked me to post this. Please send all questions/replies to her--

Lisa Moretto <rgi_lisa -at- compuserve -dot- com>

tlw

>Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:15:56 -0500
>From: Lisa Moretto <rgi_lisa -at- compuserve -dot- com>
>Subject: STC Idea Market
>Sender: Lisa Moretto <rgi_lisa -at- compuserve -dot- com>
>To: "Thomas L. Warren" <Twarren_osu -at- osu -dot- net>
>
>Tom,
>
>Could you post this on the TWLIST (the tech writer list serve) for me.
>Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and Mary Lee.
>
>Lisa
>
>________
>
>Are You Going to the STC Conference?
>
>The Forum 2000 conference committee is looking for people to present in an
>Idea Market session at the STC Annual Conference in Cincinnati May 17-19.
>We will use the Idea Market to demonstrate how this new way of presenting
>operates and to encourage people to participate in Forum 2000, to be held
>in London, England in June 2000.
>
>Idea Market presenters stand in front of two flip charts, one is blank and
>one has a list of discussion points. The room is set up with 10-12
>presenters all speaking at the same time. Participants can roam during the
>90 minute session from presenter to presenter depending on their interest.
>The presenters need to engage participants in lively discussions and
>debates about the subject and record any outcomes from the discussion onto
>the blank flip chart. Often the presenter learns more about the topic than
>they knew before!!
>
>If you are interested in presenting or have questions, contact Lisa Moretto
>at RGI_Lisa -at- compuserve -dot- com for details. Because an Idea Market only has 10
>presenters respond early (by January 4) to ensure you have a place and so
>we can publish your topic in the Preliminary Program.
>
>Idea Markets were a successful component of the recent IEEE Professional
>Communication Society conference in Quebec City.

end

Thomas L. Warren
Current e-mail adddresses: twarren_osu -at- osu -dot- net; twarren -at- okstate -dot- edu
NOTICE: twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu will go away December 1, 1998.
Mary Lee's e-mail is hospice -at- fullnet -dot- net
Look at the Technical Writing Home page:
http://www.okstate.edu/artsci/techwr

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=