Re: Microsoft & Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Microsoft & Tech Writers
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:34:56 -0500

Comparing how to plug in an external hard drive on a Mac vs. an internal hard
drive on an IBM compatible PC, just isn't fair.

However, for plug an play internal hard drives on a PC:

After physically installing the hard drive, use the hard drive self-detect to
set up and configure. Not necessary to format the drive, unless it is brand
new and has never been formatted before. Mac hard drives might come
preformatted, but then Mac users don't have much of an operating system choice
do they? I can choose to format for DOS/Windows, OS/2 or whatever else is out
there.

Anyway - not that difficult to do, I do it all the time. You can't blame
Microsoft for the process though, they're just an operating system, someone
else made the hardware, giving us the choice of operating systems.

Speaking of choices - that's what it is all about, isn't it? Your choice or my
choice, and the freedom to choose without prejudice or ridicule. Let's not
turn this into a hardware war - live and let live and all that stuff.

Happy Holidays all!!
Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree