Re: Career Shifting

Subject: Re: Career Shifting
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:13:36 -0800

It sounds like what you are doing is more or less what a lot of tech
writers do. Why don't you check with your management and ask if you can
use your current experience as "technical writing" on your resume. If
it's okay with them, and they'll support that if contacted for a
reference, then you're home free.
Your background and experience are just what a lot of employers are
looking for. If they need to see "tech writing" experience on your
resume, then give it to them. An honest description of your job duties
will back up that designation.

BJ

Jean Ann Harrison wrote:

I've written procedures on various
> resolutions to customer problems ............ I have had one excellent suggestion that I've begun to pursue;
> write up my own technical manual on an application that I created in Visual
> Basic. I've contact a few agencies and even sent out my resume to one
> company who was looking for someone with specific technical writing
> experience. I've found that the employers need to see specific experience
> on the resume before they would consider even a contract.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=