Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 3 Jan 1999 to 4 Jan 1999

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 3 Jan 1999 to 4 Jan 1999
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:10:11 -0800

Hi all;

Tracy B. commented that...

>BTW, most tech writers became tech writers because they wanted to be
>cowboys but weren't able to. That's been my experience, anyway.

Actually, the ones I've run into became TWs because they wanted to be
cowboys but _chose_ not to be - largely because they realized there
were too many cowboys already, and not enough translators. I know
at least 4 TWs who are considerably better cowboys than _all_ the
cowboys I've met so far.

Tracy's .sig file hints at this.

Dave (The Man) Blyth
Sr. Technical Writer