Re: Need your Help

Subject: Re: Need your Help
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:04:35 -0800

I admit to being a writer who would never use "per" unless it was in the
context of "miles per hour." While acknowledging that you need to use the
language of the readers, there are much more graceful ways to say the same
thing. I've read them in this discussion. Using "per" isn't as much of
an old fashioned usage, as it is more of a colloquial usage in the business
and military world.

Marilynne

At 11:19 AM 1/5/99 , Comeau, Lisa wrote:
>Cassandra;
>Usually this would be "as per our conversation", and although you may have
>heard it is no longer in use, I use it in all formal written conversations
>(i.e. email to a "superior") where and when it is applicable. Call me
>old-fashioned (I prefer anal retentive)but especially in the atmosphere I
>work in (government) we don't move very far forward very quickly, and we
>tend to stand on standards.
>
>Lisa Comeau
>Account Representative; Y2K/Exchange Project
>Client Services Group, Ontario Ministry of Health
>Office (416) 327-1112
>Pager (416) 715-9198
>mailto:comeaul -at- mohyf-mx1 -dot- mohdev -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca
>
>"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
>

>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=