Converting Framemaker to Word/WordPro

Subject: Converting Framemaker to Word/WordPro
From: Suzy Davis <andavis -at- AU1 -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:10:26 +1100

Hi thanks to everyone for their great responses.

I have one more area of questioning which will determine whether we move
to Framemaker and live happily ever after.

Our client is using WordPro - can we convert Framemaker docs to WordPro?
Has anyone had experience with this?

We also have other clients who use Word (very common in Australia) and
again, can we convert Framemaker docs to Word? Anyone with experience with
this?

War stories are most welcome.

I thought I read somewhere that what we would need to do for any client
without Framemaker is provide a Framemaker reader which would enable them
to read but not write to the doc and that conversions are not the best way
to go?

Thanks in advance.

(I appreciate being copied in on the reply - I'm on the digest)

Suzy Davis
Technical Writer
Melbourne, Australia

Internet: andavis -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com

[Standard disclaimer]

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=