FrameMaker-PageMaker synthesis rumor?

Subject: FrameMaker-PageMaker synthesis rumor?
From: "MCCLAIN, WILLIAM D" <BMCCLAIN -at- SCANA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:39:05 -0500

On Peter Ring's User Friendly Manuals Website
(http://www.prc.dk/user-friendly-manuals/) the current tip of the month
looks at preferred software for TWs. In describing the two Adobe products,
he mentions:

----
Adobe PageMaker, currently in version 6.52, which seems to be fairly stable.
The new version currently named K2 is expected some time 1999 or 2000 and
will maybe end up as an integrated version of PageMaker and FrameMaker, and
that can be VERY interesting for technical writing..
----

Anybody have any information to add to this?

I remember when I was in a shop where we maintained a 750pp, umpteen-chapter
user manual in PM. Not fun. I researched, recommended, and they bought FM.
At the time, I was wondering (1) whether there was a market for format
conversion and (2) whether the two products would converge.

----- Bill McClain ------
<mailto:bmcclain -at- scana -dot- com>
"nomenclature is destiny"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=