Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue

Subject: Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:48:19 -0500

Gil...let em see if I can gert this right.. Note that numbers used are for
example and may not be the correct numbers for the version/platform (in case
any of our customers are reading and are sitting there going
OHMYGOD_I_HAVE_THE_WRONG_VERSION!!!)

We have customers with different releases of our software (The following is a
small subset of the number of versions and platforms):

5.4
5.4.1
5.4.3
6.4
6.4.1
6.4.3

This may be for one platform. Another "similar" platform uses a different .X
number:

5.2
5.2.2
6.2
6.2.3
etc.

They use the release based on the functionality and platform that they need and
are on...if they don't need the new feature introduced in 6.4, they use 5.4.
However, while they are using 5.4, a maint release may be issued i.e., 5.4.1
Also, if they change platform (AIX to UNIX V), they will have to change from
5.4 to 5.5

I need to keep different versions of my documentation current based on the
version and the maint version and platform.

Get the picture?

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=