Legality of names?

Subject: Legality of names?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:54:08 -0700

Shannon Folena is <<...wondering if a legal problem could somehow
arise from "falsifying information.">> in the context of our
professional names.

If you want a real legal answer, you'd best check with an attorney,
which I'm not (and hope to never be). My non-legalistic two cents on
the matter is that so long as the name adequately describes what you
do (e.g., "technical writer" rather than "lead programmer"), and
doesn't misrepresent your skills (e.g., "senior writer" vs. "junior
writer"), there's little to worry about.

One caveat, as always: Just don't call yourself an "Information
Mapper", unless you wish to incur the wrath of those good folks at
Information Mapping (R). <stitch> and <gdrlh>
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=