Re: Thomas Kuhn

Subject: Re: Thomas Kuhn
From: "Stephen C. Gillespie" <sgillespie -at- FEDEX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:03:18 -0600

Melissa, it's been a (very) long time, but (unless my longterm mem fails
me) the most famous concept of Kuhn was the "paradigm shift" --e.g.
historically, say from pre-industrial age to industrial, pre-Cold War to
Post-...but generalized to any "conceptual" shift of major proportions
in a socio-, econo-, or scientific community.

The best extension of Kuhn's idea I can recall from WRITING pedagogy is
the paradign shift from "product" focused (writing forms) to "process"
(invention, hueristics, etc.)...make ANY sense?

Hope this is (some) help!

Steve G.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=