Hello! and Re: MS Style Guide

Subject: Hello! and Re: MS Style Guide
From: Peter Taylor <sector_five -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:38:32 PST

>>>Microsoft has style guide for Windows user interface,
>Motif has one for theirs... What if you have software
>that runs in the Web? Is there a style guide for
>Web user interfaces? Or have you made up UI
>component names as you go along...?
>
>Is this a commercial release? Keep in mind that Microsoft is very picky
>about software that they certify to display the Windows 95/98 Logo. It
must
>meet their requirements and part of that is a standard UI. The
Microsoft
>Style Guide is a good asset to have.

I'm new to this mailing list and I'm currently reading my way down the
hundred or so messages I've received in the past day. Here I am 30
messages down and finally a message that provides a good way to
introduce myself. I'm a programmer/writer in the Windows Operating
System User Assistance group at Microsoft and what a coincidence, I'm
the writer assigned to the Windows Logo program. The logo requirements
have changed for Windows2000 and there are now two levels of logo
eligibility. It's all in the latest version of the Platform SDK
available on the MSDN website and on the subscriber CDs.

Hello!

Peter Taylor.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=