Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue

Subject: Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:39:10 +0100

On 07-01-1999 22:40 Marybeth S. wrote:

>Hi All,

>The company has hired a Configuration Management guy who besides many
>personality issues, in my humble opinion, a total moron. As a joke, we

>I am so frustrated and angry that I can't see straight. Is it me, or
>should I have been allowed some input into his dictation? Do any of the
>tech writers on this list maintain their own libraries separate from CM?

Marybeth
I manage some Y2K projects but I have not any notion of s/w writing and
mainframe systems.
I am responsible for milestones, deadlines and traceability. I heavily
depend on present local professionality, which I have to lead and
control. I dont take over their work but set goals to it. Y2k is a total
job that has to be assured in every inch and too vital to be an addition
sum of expertises. Centralizing QA could be a solution then.
In favor of speed I dont teach myself local wordprocessing, but also use
handwritten memo's to communicate. Why not, as long they are effective...

From my experience I should advice: be the professional in that team,
input your vision, convince the leader, but dont sacrifice him because he
is the layman in your profession.

Regards
Kees de Bondt

AlQuin Total Quality