Re: Figures - Captions and References?

Subject: Re: Figures - Captions and References?
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:20:54 -0600

I always resolve the problem of reference to figures by putting the image
immediately below the reference; e.g., ".... as shown in the illustration
below"

and in the rare case that I can't make the image and the reference fit on the
same page, then it's "... as shown in the illustration on the next page"

And I'm not afraid to insert extra page breaks and "waste" pages in order to
make sure that the illustrations and the accompanying text are visible as
often as possible on the same spread (two facing pages with the book open on
the desk in front of the user).

Now tell me, why do I need figure numbers or captions??

Mike

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=