Another useful listserv / WWP woes

Subject: Another useful listserv / WWP woes
From: Bill Swallow/commsoft <wswallow -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:20:11 -0500

Yet another useful Web-slinging listserv is the WebDesign list available at
www.webmonster.net. I enjoy all the chatter about browser issues and other
nasties that we TECHWR-Lers face from time to time but I agree that there
are better places to point such techie questions.

<flip>

Has anyone used WebWorks Publisher for converting Framemaker books to HTML
(2-framed, javascript-enabled)? I created one project, agonized over every
little style and now my conversion is 98% automated. I'm rather pleased.
HOWEVER (here comes the poop) no matter what I try I cannot use that
project to successfully convert other books into new HTML files. WWP says I
have to use one project as a template for another (It doesn't use
templates) but I have to delete certain files from that project. I have
tried every combination I could think of and I still don't get a
satisfactory result. The best I get is a conversion where all the styles
are correct but there is no index.html file defining the framesets. Should
I be using the index file from the "master" project? Somehow this just
doesn't seem right to me. Any help is appreciated.

(PS: please don't e-mail me just to tell me you're sorry you can't help
because you've never used it. I know it sounds like a silly request but I
get so many of these whenever I post a tool-specific question... If you
don't know, please don't write. Thanks.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=