quick resume question etc...

Subject: quick resume question etc...
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:48:47 -0500

While in between permanent jobs, I had a short job that assignment that a
consulting company set me up with. On my resume, do I put down the
consulting company, or the actually firm that I did the work for? I think
as it stands, I used the consulting company for the heading of the entry on
the resume and put the firm that I did the actual work for in the text of
the job description. Something tells me this is wrong. Any ideas?

---
now for some other stuff commenting on yesterday's mail (think we got 100+
messages too ):
Interviewing: I remember my very first interview out of college. I hadn't
really studied the books that tell you how to interview and what to expect
as I'm pretty confident in my work and my ability to talk about what I
know/do. So the "what's your weakest quality" question came up. I wasn't
expecting it at all. Of course not having any prior job experience, only
school experience, I could only speak of an academic environment. And I
just sat there for a few seconds. The only thing that could come to mind,
especially since there was no way I was going to incriminate myself, was to
say, "uh...that I'm a perfectionist?" (and granted it has some negative
sides to it), but reflecting upon the interview I felt so pompous for
saying that. I still feel ridiculous when I reflect upon the incident.
On another interview I was in the company of two interviewers. It made me a
little bit nervous because without thinking about it, I was in a 2-on-1
situation, but the interview did go well. Heh, I ended up running my mouth
for 2+ hours.
But actually, except for the fury to get a job when you need one, I loved
going on interviews. You get to learn so much about companies and the way
they work.

FrontPage: I actually like pagemill. It's a great tool to get your frames
and tables set up easily. I'm sure front page is at least good for that.
Once that's done, I work directly with the source code. But initially, it's
easier to create the visual things visually.

Gil Yaker
gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Computer Sciences Corporation
Federal Black Lung Project