Re: Staffing (was interviewing, shoe-tying, tests, etc.)

Subject: Re: Staffing (was interviewing, shoe-tying, tests, etc.)
From: Joaquim Baptista <px -at- EASYPHONE -dot- PT>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:45:04 +0000

At 06:10 99/01/14 -0800, Chris Hamilton wrote:
>One way to get to know people want to hire is to do a contract-to-hire
>position, yet I haven't seen that mentioned.

It is standard in Portugal to have an experimental period in a permanent
position. You sign a single contract. During the experimental period, the
employee has all the bennefits of a permanent employee. The contract can
be breaked at any time by the employer or the employee. At the end of the
experimental period, the contract automatically becomes a permanent
contract. We usually employ people with a six-month experimental period.

--
Joaquim Baptista, alias pxQuim Precisa de uma contabilista?
- px -at- easyphone -dot- pt (01) 8684294

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=