When to use screenshots (was screen dumps in books)

Subject: When to use screenshots (was screen dumps in books)
From: Trevor Holdsworth <t -dot- holdsworth -at- GILSON -dot- FR>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:57:43 +0100

<<Question, ought we provide step-by-step screen shots with our text? As
one person wrote me, some find it reassuring to see the book mimics what
they see on-screen.>>

Choice is yours, but beware, if you have lots of screen shots and the
software undergoes major cosmetic surgery or has functions added, you're
going to have to be very careful checking/updating those shots.

Trevor Holdsworth

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=