"Non-editable" Fields & Misc.

Subject: "Non-editable" Fields & Misc.
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:33:51 -0500

---------------------- Forwarded by Michelle Vina-Baltsas/CRAWFORDCO/US on
01/19/99 02:44 PM ---------------------------

Michelle Vina-Baltsas
01/19/99 02:25 PM

To: WINHLP-L -at- ADMIN -dot- HUMBERC -dot- ON -dot- CA, TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- ED
cc:

1) In our application there are many fields in a window/screen which cannot
be edited. Can anyone suggest a less awkward way of saying "non-editable"
or "read-only" fields?

2) In the past I've referred to screens as screens not windows. For
example: Click the Yes radio button on the XYZ screen. Is the consensus to
use screen or window? Also, would you suggest saying "on the XYZ screen"
or "in the XYZ screen"?

I'm sure that most of these answers are a matter of personal preference,
but I'm interested to hear responses. Please no flaming.

Thanks,
Michelle

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=