Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians - different perspective

Subject: Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians - different perspective
From: Gossels Lenny <LennyG -at- TADIRANTELE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:16:59 +0200

When working for my previous company here in Israel....I started a whole
internal war over the issue of language usage.

The Senior Technical Writer (ex-USA) insisted everything went out in
American flavor. She was correct but only 90% of the time. The project
manager insisted that I do local adaptation for our British customer and
senior managers in Israel, London and New York fought it out in standards
and policies committees.

I don't know if this helps all you Canadians or offends the Americans but my
experience is that Americans will not tolerate non-American English whereas
the rest of us tolerate and use American English widely.

Lenny Gossels
Tadiran Telecommunications Ltd
Transport Networks Division
Petah Tikvah