Re: Me or I?

Subject: Re: Me or I?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:42:09 -0500

Hallo:

Thanks for the pointer. Actually, as a professional technical writer, I
aim to write so my target audience can easily read and understand my
message. Part of that is using language that does not seem stilted. Of
course, this is a subjective assessment on my part.

As a technical writer, however, my mission is not to protect or defend
the language as it exists at any one moment in time (of course, it is
difficult to pinpoint exactly how the language exists). I am not a
grammarian and the rules bend for me because I push on them.

This listserv is an informal medium. Writing, on my part, tends to be
conversational and, while I run the MS spelling checker, I do not spend
the time to perform a detailed check for goofs, be they typos or the
like.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

>>>Jacque Foreman wrote
>>>
>>>For the third time today I have read
>>>a sentence
>>>that goes something like this:
>>>
>>> Perhaps it's just me.
>>>
>>>you all know it should have been written:
>>>
>>> Perhaps it's just I.
>>>
>>>Yes, I know I'm being picky and sticky, but if "professional" writers
>>>don't uphold correct usage, who will?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=