Re: Contractions & Style

Subject: Re: Contractions & Style
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lcporrel -at- ESSVOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:27:00 -0600

Laurel,

Thanks for the reference. I find it interesting that Horton advocates using bold. In printed text and in E-mail, when I see bold I feel as if I am being shouted at (all caps is worse, however). However, loving words as I do, I tend to read closely.

I do not mean to be a gadfly, and if you can not recall, I understand, but on what evidence does Horton base his assertions?

Thanks in advance!

Leonard Porrello