Re: entry level pay

Subject: Re: entry level pay
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:00:40 -0500

Here experience (in years) to position is: 0 through 3 junior, 4 through
7 intermediate, 7 to death senior.

IMO the discussion is a little ephemeral however. What are the duties of
the position or what responsibility does it have? Even the discussion about
salary is often only so much shouting against the wind.
Salary considerations have to have cost of living brought into the
equation. For example, I was offered a position in Calgary which offered a
25% pay increase and probably about 20% less in overall taxes. But I'd have
to double rent (or more).
Even with higher taxes in Quebec , I'd argue that making 40,000 in Toronto
is equivalent to about 30,000 a year in Montreal. The standard of living is
almost identical at these two levels. I find the salary review good for
seeing if you are getting fair market value in your area. It's of little
use for comparing area against area without a lot of other statistics.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=