.pdf files associated with Notepad

Subject: .pdf files associated with Notepad
From: "Kaplan, Elise" <ekaplan -at- ASAINT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:19:42 -0500

We deliver our documentation in Adobe Acrobat, and periodically folks
report that they "tried to open a document and it looked like garbage."
When I investigate, it always turns out that files with the .pdf
extension have somehow become associated with Notepad rather than the
Acrobat Reader. I know how to fix the file association problem--in
fact, I've become an expert--but I don't know what is causing the
problem to occur so frequently, or how to prevent it. Any ideas?

Elise Kaplan
CommercialWare
ekaplan -at- asaint -dot- com <mailto:ekaplan -at- asaint -dot- com>
http://www.commercialware.com <http://www.commercialware.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=