Re: Project ideas...

Subject: Re: Project ideas...
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:38:15 -0800

Hi Stacy,

> Im currently an undergraduate TC major and I had to pick a topic for a
> project I've been assigned in my Computer Documentation II class. I have
> to pick a software application to create an on-line help system for using
> Robohelp and RoboHTML. I
> want to do something practical so that I can put it on my resume and
> learn as much as I can about creating on-line help.

Why not speak with your instructor about documenting a software application
being developed by an individual or group of programming students at your
university? Just as your class has its projects, I'm certain that the
programming students also have their projects too. I'm sure you would all
gain from such an experience.

Actually, I'm surprised that your university hasn't organized combined
projects between programming and tech writing students before. You would
gain experience in documenting an application as it was being developed, and
working with a development team. The programming students would gain by
learning to work with and communicate their ideas through a tech writer to
an end user audience.

Best,

Denise L. Fritch

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=