Re: A lighter shade of pale

Subject: Re: A lighter shade of pale
From: Susan Purcell <spurcell -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:52:26 -0800

Roger, thanks for the suggestion of framers -at- frameusers -dot- com -dot- I have sent them
a message.

RE the Frame graphics tool, I am spoiled, I guess, by Adobe Illustrator. It
has some
features that I miss in Frame: ways of duplicating things and making
curves...that
kind of thing. Having said that, I can understand your statement that the
Frame tool serves your needs. It's the difference, I guess, between
playing an inexpensive instrument and an
one that has been made with more care. You can get sounds from both but
one will be lots easier and fun to play.

Thanks for letting me know about having reported the bug to Adobe. I'll
let them know that I'm experiencing it, too.

Susan

At 03:36 PM 1/30/99 +0000, Roger Jones wrote:
>At 14:50 29/01/99 -0800, Susan wrote:
>>I'm making diagrams in FrameMaker (sigh) and am having a couple of
>>problems. Recommendations would be appreciated.
>>
>>In one diagram, I was trying to indicate that some boxes were the same (to
>>show how two processes share part of their address space). I tried filling
>>them with different patterns (diagonal lines, crosshatch), which looked OK
>>on the screen, but printed as almost the same shade of solid gray on the
>>printer. Is there a way to get the printer to look like the screen, or is
>>there a better way to solve the problem?
>>
>>Also, when I have text in a filled box, is there a way to have a background
>>for the text? So far, I have to create a rectangle behind the text in
>>order to get the letters to stand out.
>
>Susan
>
>Your printing problems may have something to do with the driver you're
>using. You don't say what platform and kit you have. That said, I have
>encountered similar problems with FM 5.5.6 fills when outputting to PDF --
>which I reported to Frame weeks ago but they have yet to respond. By the
>way, I don't share your sigh if it relates to Frame's graphics tools, which
>I find smart enough for most of my purposes.
>
>You can select a floating text frame (or any other frame) and treat it as a
>graphic object -- it has fill and line properties.
>
>Try posting your enquiry to framers -at- frameusers -dot- com -dot-
>
>All the best
>
>Roger Jones, Publisher
>Publishing -at- rjpc -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=