Style Manuals

Subject: Style Manuals
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:48:10 -0700

>>Has everyone out there lost there minds!! Does anyone remember when REAL
style
guides were used (Chicago Manual of Style, etc.)? I hate to remind
everyone,
but the Microsoft Manual of Style is nothing more than a style manual taken
from
an in-house technical writing department that was published because that
in-house technical writing department happens to be MICROSOFT!!

I am preparing a proposal for Microsoft, and from informal talks with
Microsofties, it is clear that if you want a Microsoft Certified software
program (so the logo can be carried on the package), you better follow as
many ofd their guidelines as possible. Especially when it comes to the GUI
used in the application.

I still prefer the Chicago Manual Of Style.

Bob Maxey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=