Overbars

Subject: Overbars
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:59:42 -0600

Howdy,

This is a question for you hardware folks out there (especially the IC
people).

I searched the archives and could not find an answer on this. We used
to use an asterisk to indicate an active low pin. Thanks to advanced
desktop publishing, we eventually started using an overbar option.
Now I hear there is a new standard, but I do not know what it is.
Does anyone know? Is it the slash?

Thanks for the help,

Melonie Holliman
Technical Writer