Re: Style Manuals

Subject: Re: Style Manuals
From: Joe Mariconda <jmaricon -at- ATITECH -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:59:54 -0500

Bravo Phil!
Know your audience and make manuals that fit their frame of reference.
Why impose yours? That just adds needless work for your reader.

Make the manual very easy to use and the writing 'transparent'.
Less is more! Avoid cluttering the reader with new terms and new contexts or
frames of reference.
Walk in the shoes of your audience.

Joe Mariconda