Re: Appalled, eh?

Subject: Re: Appalled, eh?
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:36:33 -0800

Darren Barefoot wrote

Part of professionalism is tact and diplomacy. I wonder why Mr. Plato
bothers informing sub-standard applicants of their submission omissions
(forgive the assonance)? Surely, as an earlier person pointed out, it
wouldn't be particular prudent to hire these people. Should we share all our
evaluations with the applicants:

The purpose of informing applicants of their submission errors can be a
professional approach. How else can anyone improve without feedback? The
content of that feedback must also be professional.

By the way, if you want to know what professionalism is, ask yourself,
"What's the *right* thing to do?" In my experience, the two are nearly
identical.

-Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=