Re: The word on Word

Subject: Re: The word on Word
From: "Townsend, Emru" <etownsend -at- POSITRON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:25:42 -0500

Another good idea -- regardless of whether you link or not -- is to reduce
the colors in your graphics. For instance, most screen shots that use the
standard Windows colors can be reduced to 16 colors easily. The resulting
images take up less memory and less disk space. Depending on your image
editing software, you can set up a palette which will fix up screen shots in
no time flat.

I used to create 100-page manuals in Word which were chock full of unlinked
screen shots, using a Pentium 166 with 64 MB of RAM. I never even broke a
sweat.

Emru Townsend
Technical Communications Wiseguy - Product Integration
Positron Public Safety Systems Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
e-mail: etownsend -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca
My words are my own. Confuse them with my employer's at your own risk.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=