Problem generating PDF from FM+SGML 5.5

Subject: Problem generating PDF from FM+SGML 5.5
From: Gerry Bourguignon <GBourgui -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:47:50 -0500

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem...

I can generate PDF from FrameMaker+SGML 5.5 using the PDFWriter printer
driver, but I don't get the option of selecting which elements I want as
bookmarks (so the resulting PDF has no bookmarks). If I use a PostScript
driver and write to a file, I get the option of selecting which elements I
want as bookmarks (then I can generate the PDF from the PostScript file
using Distiller). However, although the resulting PDF has bookmarks, the
page contents are illegible.

We (back when there were a few of us here) had solved this problem once
before (by experimenting with older Distiller drivers, if I remember
correctly), but the problem has returned now that I've moved from 95 to NT.

Any ideas? I can provide more detail if required.

Thanks in advance.
--
Gerry Bourguignon
Lone Technical Writer