Heavy paper and bleed-through

Subject: Heavy paper and bleed-through
From: "J. David Hickey" <jdhickey -at- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:43:42 -0800

Greetings!

Taking a page (or a pamphlet) from Barb Philbrick's book (thanks Barb!),
I designed my own pamphlet that sings the praises of my technical
writing services. I'll be sending a copy of this wonderful little
doo-dad out to any and all software companies in the Montreal area, and
if the fish are biting, I might get a contract that will get me out of
my current rut.

I went out and bought some Ivory 24 lb Bond paper to make my pamphlets
look all professional-like, but when I tried to print them out, the ink
bleeds through the paper. Not much, mind you, but enough to be able to
see the ghosts of the letters from the other side.

The 24 lb paper is heavy enough that the pamphlet doesn't go all floppy
on you when you hold it, which is why I bought it. I suppose I could
live with the light bleed on the printing, however:

Is there a heavier paper that I could use that doesn't bleed as much? If
so, can I use it in my Deskjet printer? And if there is such paper,
where can I find it?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdhickey -at- sympatico -dot- ca
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

514-482-8702
Montréal, Québec

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=