resumes and cover letters

Subject: resumes and cover letters
From: Erin Kampf <ekampf -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:52:42 -0800

There has been some discussion as to how courteous employers should be
when soliciting job applicants. I agree that preferably the company
should at least advise that they have received your application. But I
also understand that this takes time and resources and, with many
applications, sometimes it is just not feasible.

However, I think it is downright rude when you have actually
interviewed for a position, and despite repeated phone inquiries, you
never hear anything back from the employer. You just have to assume
you didn't get the position.

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past and it doesn't
entice me to ever submit my application to that company again. To my
thinking, it is not a good business practice and must be a reflection
on the company. When you're only talking to 10 or so candidates, what
kind of an effort does it take to let them know the results of their
interview (not necessarily in detail, but at least that they won't be
offered the job)?

But then, I'm not in HR, nor am I a manager responsible for hiring.
Have I felt slighted for no reason?

Best regards,

Erin Kampf

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=