Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 4 Feb 1999 to 5 Feb 1999

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 4 Feb 1999 to 5 Feb 1999
From: Linda Brownstein <lbrownstein -at- FORESIGHT-EDI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:22:13 -0500

Brian Doonan said:

> The company that has hired me uses the software combination of
> Word97, Doc-To-Help, and Abode Acrobat. In reading your posts over
> the past two days, I have seen that many of you do not use this
> particular combination. Is there a better software setup that a technical
> writer can use to produce hard-copy documents, help files, and on-line
> documentation?

We use that exact combination for our software documentation (700-page manuals
divided into 6 sections) and it works well for us. We generate paper docs,
help
files, html, and PDF, all from the same Word file. You might want to look at
the Doc-To-Help discussion list: http://www.wextech.com/tslist.htm

Good luck.

Lindalee Brownstein

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=