Re: a beginner's html-editor?

Subject: Re: a beginner's html-editor?
From: Jerry Kenney <gmkenney -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:08:03 -0500

AlQuin wrote:

> I am teaching web-editing courses and need some advice on a simple easy,
> cheap and wysiwyg html-editor for both windows and macintosh platforms.

I know you asked for an off line comment, but I see a larger question here. And
that is why teach web editing with a wysiwyg authoring tool.

HTML is not that complex that it requires an intermediary, especially in a
learning situation. Most GUI tools are self instructional, so learners ought
to be free to make their own preferences when the time comes. But for learning
purposes, I can see no better experience for finding out what calls a hypertext
page makes on network resources than by writing out the tags and commands in
text.

Other thoughts?

Jerry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=