Re: Favorite computer dictionary?

Subject: Re: Favorite computer dictionary?
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:10:28 +0100

Ann Shaffer asked:

> I'm looking for recommendations for dictionaries of computer-related =
> terms. I've found the Microsoft Dictionary to be thorough and accurate. =
> Do you agree? Can you suggest any alternatives?

I hope your second question on the MS dictionary won't wake up all the
lurking anti-Microsoft whirlers who'll flame the living daylights out of
you. The recent thread on the MS Manual of Style showed the deep and
irrational emotions the word Microsoft evokes in people, so if you are
looking for some serious advice, I'm afraid you have to avoid the M-word.
But for some serious hints, try these URLs, they've proven their worth to
me:

http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/contents.html
http://www.whatis.com/
http://www.pcwebopedia.com/index.html