DIB Graphics File Format

Subject: DIB Graphics File Format
From: "Kirshenbaum, Margery" <mkirshenbaum -at- KPMG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:36:06 -0500

Hi,

We've been given a Help file to modify that has many referenced graphics
files with the .DIB extension. We've never encountered this file format
before, but did determine that it's a Windows bitmap type of file. The Help
file was created with Microsoft Help Workshop I think, and we are using
RoboHELP 6.0 to modify it.

Can anyone provide any relevant information about why this format might have
been used and/or what the benefits or disadvantages are of using this format
instead of .BMP? Also, which capture and editing tools are recommended for
working with .DIB files?

If you think this isn't the right forum for this question and can recommend
another one, please do so to me off list.

I receive the digest of the list, and find many of the postings contain
valuable information and interesting points of view.

Thanks,

Marge
is unauthorized.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=