Re: Document management

Subject: Re: Document management
From: "William Grega, Jr." <WGrega -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:24:29 -0500

>>I'd like to hear more about it. Is it something easy to do in an
>>email??? I have no background in this at all, but I'd sure like to find
>>a good tool to use.
>>Thanks,
>>BJ

I could probably write a book about it. We'll be going into Phase II of the
project in March. The best tool I found was Microsoft's Visual SourceSafe.
It's usually onsite and licenced anyway, so corporate buy-in is pretty easy.

From there, we'd have to go into the particulars of the tool. Here's a tip:
when I began to research the project, I went to www.microsoft.com and
searched for SourceSafe and document management. There I found several case
studies of the tool being successfully implemented for document management
purposes. It helped sell the project.

Hope this helps,

Will Grega
Technical Writer