Fuzzy PDF text

Subject: Fuzzy PDF text
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:17:34 -0600

I've searched the Cambridge Publications Techwr-L archives (the OK
State ones are still down), and didn't find an answer to this.

Someone in the Netherlands sent me a PostScript file to distill to
PDF. It prints okay, but on-screen, it looks bitmapped.

I suggested that the problem might be that the person who sent me the
file didn't include the fonts when he generated the PostScript file.
(He's going from a .tex or .div file to PS.)

Just in case that's not the problem, could it be something at my end?
There aren't any graphics, so it's not the usual fuzzy graphics
problem.

Thanks for any help.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Long noun chains don't automatically imply security."
-- Bruce Schneier

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=