Correction/Apology - TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Toronto, ON

Subject: Correction/Apology - TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Toronto, ON
From: Candace Bamber <cbamber -at- CASTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:57:14 -0500

Apologies if any were offended by my thoughtless phrasing - below it says "For
the moment we're looking for Canadians only". Please interpret that to mean
"Must be eligible to work in Canada. Unfortunately we are not currently offering
international relocation assistance". It genuinely never occured to me that
anyone would take my original phrasing as "racist" (although someone did) -
Canadians in general, and Castekers in particular, are a pretty diverse bunch.

Once again, apologies.

Candace
---------------------- Forwarded by Candace Bamber/CSF/CA on 18/02/99 08:39 AM
---------------------------

Candace Bamber
18/02/99 08:22 AM

To: techwr-l -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
cc:

Subject: TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Toronto, ON

Whirlers,
We're looking for two or three "all rounders" - Tech comm pros who want to
write user guides and test cases,
function as business analysts, spec writers, trainers, usability consultants,
and technical sales support,
who enjoy moving from project to project, trying new things, and learning,
learning, learning all the time.
You would start out on the "TnT" (Training and Testing) project for our new
policy administration solution
framework, either on the documentation team (probably working on a really big
training system) or the
testing team (doing analysis and writing cases). We need people who can
contribute while becoming
an *expert* on our new product offering. After that? Your preference and the
company's needs are
BOTH considered, and opportunities abound.

This is a great place to work - great people, leading edge technologies.
Thursday is massage day! Casual dress, a wonderful "heritage" office space on
Front Street near the subway with lots of good, inexpensive lunch places nearby
(including a truly great deli). We have a positive, supportive, optimistic, and
high-energy environment, where everyone is treated with respect. Many social
events, sport teams, extracurricular activities if you're so inclined. Tons of
opportunity for growth.

For the moment we're looking for Canadians only. If that changes, I'll repost.

Term & Pay: Permanent - very competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive
benefits, ESOP
or Contract - competitive rates

The ideal candidate:

*Writes well and wants to write better
*Is a competent copy-editor who wants to grow substantive editing skills
*Always knows what questions to ask, when to ask them and who to ask
*Has a reputation as an excellent analytical and critical thinker
*Is eager to learn and apply proven project management methodologies to
documentation projects
*Learns fast, works hard and knows how to have fun
*Can effectively manage thousands of details without losing sight of the big
picture
*Easily meets the challenge of mastering new technologies
*Has a degree or work history that indicates aptitude for both
science/technology and liberal arts
*Has 2-5 years professional technical writing experience in a high tech IT
environment
*Can proudly show and discuss work samples including user documentation,
training and one of marketing collateral, online help, test cases or
internal communications

Assets include:

*Knowledge of component-based or object-oriented software development
methodologies
*Familiarity with the insurance industry
*Expertise with FrameMaker, RoboHelp, MS Office and Lotus Notes

At Castek, we're Putting The Future Together one component at a time. Since
1991, we've been the leading proponents of a better way of developing software
solutions. And in 1995, our leadership in building software for reuse and with
reuse was instrumental in the emergence of Component Based Development - now
widely accepted as a superior way to build more flexible, strategic enterprise
software solutions. Today, Castek continues to lead the way in practical,
enterprise-scale component solutions - fully tested and able to be delivered in
less than half the time of a traditional solution.

Contact: Please apply by **email** Candace Bamber, mailto:cbamber -at- castek -dot- com
(Word97 or earlier, PDF, rtf, FrameMaker, WinHelp, HTML or
Quark Xpress formats acceptable)

** PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER to introduce yourself and tell us why you
want to join our team.**

Candace Bamber
Castek
221 Front Street East