Unwanted numbered lists with winhelp 4.03

Subject: Unwanted numbered lists with winhelp 4.03
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:23:28 +0100

Using Word 97, we (I and my colleague) had to use the 4.03 version of the
Winhelp compiler, since the RTF generated was not accepted by the previous
versions. As a result, we sometimes get numbered lists, which are inserted
haphazardly, and, what's the acme, begin with a nought.
I had, on another list, a few answers stating that numbering w&as wrong, and
you had to do it manually, others saying that if you replace word paragraph
marks with line breaks, it corrects the problem (this is true but is no
solution, since styles get lost in the process). Another solution was to use
the word95-RTF-maker filter provided by Microsoft, but then we lo
Has anyone met this problem, and, what's more important, found the reason
or a solution to this?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=