Incorporation

Subject: Incorporation
From: Keith Bennett <bennettk -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:09:36 -0500

Hello Folks:

I've got a great opportunity coming up to work with a software development
company to produce documentation, both print and online, for one of their
products. I spoke with the project manager of the company and things seems
fine. One problem, however, was that he said I would have to be
incorporated as the client for this project is the federal government and
suggested - no insisted - that I be incorporated to be paid as a
subcontractor. I thought this very odd as I've never encountered this
situation before in my contracting career. I've been reading Peter Kent's
book on the subject and pretty much agree with him that there is no real
reason why I should become a corporation for this job.

Is there? Is this the norm for federal government contracts? I would really
appreciate any and all thoughts on the subject.

Thanks.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=