Thank you - PageMaker to Framemaker

Subject: Thank you - PageMaker to Framemaker
From: Jodi Israel <jisrael -at- PCIWIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:11:15 -0500

To all who sent me email and to the list in general,

Thank you for being so helpful in answering my PageMaker to Framemaker
question. I got some very detailed responses which gave us ammunition to use
with our Chief Operating Officer.

I received about 20 responses. Nearly all were uniformly convincing that
moving from a page layout program to a technical documentation application
was a smart and financially sound move. This is not to say that the
details about the product's shortcomings, including and perhaps especially,
its interface.

The single truly unhappy response was someone who went from Word to Frame.
We are definitely prepared for a lot of work ahead of us.

I am not going to post a summary because of the sheer length of the
comments. However, if other techwr-lers would like this information, I would
be happy to share. For those of you who contacted me, I will be sending
along our report.

Thanks again for being so willing to help.

Jodi L. Israel
Software Trainer and Documentation Writer
PCi Services, Inc.
Boston, MA
jisrael -at- pciwiz -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=