Re: Purchase Order declined

Subject: Re: Purchase Order declined
From: Alec Sonenthal <helpu -at- INETPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:50:38 -0600

Juley,

I've been working with ForeFront for many years on behalf of my clients, and for
myself as well. There is no Y2K problem with their software -- in fact, theirs, like

most authoring tools, doesn't have any date relevance whatsovever.

They are a top-notch organization, their staff is excellent, and the quality their
software is
among the best in the industry.

This is from their web site:

Year 2000 Compliance for ForeFront Software

None of ForeFront's software products have date functions built in (the system date
is not used at all within the software); therefore, Year 2000 compliance is not an
applicable issue with our software's operation.

The sole aspect of Year 2000 that involves ForeFront's software products is that the
date is checked during installation. ForeFront has ensured that installation for all
ForeFront product releases from 1997 forward is successful on year 2000 machines.

As virtually all of our installed base of customers actively using ForeFront
products is expected to be operating on 32-bit platforms by the year 2000, it is
unknown whether we will need to offer a point release to ensure successful
installation for the 16-bit versions of our software released during and prior to
1996.

Hope this helps,

Alec Sonenthal
"Jumping into hyperspace isn't like dusting crops, boy!"
-- Hans Solo
Greenbrook Technical Communications www.greenbrook.com
Help University, Inc. www.helpuniversity.com

North American Distributor for Virtual Media Technology
and Events Software

Certified RoboHELP, Doc-To-Help and HDK Consultant and Trainer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=