Single Source Documentation

Subject: Single Source Documentation
From: Robin Whitmore <robin -dot- whitmore -at- BLUEDOTSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:19:22 -0800

Techwrlrs,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions regarding single source
documentation for printed and online distribution. We have decided to
provide our manuals in "electronic form" for free, and charge for the
printed and bound version. Because of this, I believe I will create the
manual in Frame and simply save as a PDF for electronic distribution (this
seems to be the general consensus). If I have time, I might consider
creating an HTML version, not to serve as online help ('cause I truly
believe that is an entirely different "document"), but simply to make the
electronic version of the manual easier to use.

Thanks again for your timely and knowledgeable help.

Robin Whitmore
BlueDot Systems
San Francisco, CA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=