Universal Symbol for "Read the Manual"

Subject: Universal Symbol for "Read the Manual"
From: "Gaydos, Ron" <Ron -dot- Gaydos -at- RESPIRONICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:28:55 -0500

Actually, Barry, the universal symbol for Read the Manual IS a triangle
with an exclamation in it. I work for a medical device manufacturer that
has been shipping to Europe for quite some time. The standard is IEC
878, at least for medical equipment. The actual meaning is "Attention,
read accompanying documents." We use this in place of warnings or
cautions on our device labels.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=