Re: Sometimes you get what you need...

Subject: Re: Sometimes you get what you need...
From: William E Newkirk <wenewkir -at- MBNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:59:33 -0500

You have to frame the question properly...

You said all the people spent half the time not working. This says you're
overstaffed. Many computer jobs like original program development don't
keep you at the screen 100% of the time.

If you'd said that the small expense of

From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Be warned that it doesn't always work.

I once worked at a large company where the president asked me for my
suggestions. I pointed out that there was only one terminal for every
two mainframe programmers, and because of that, the programmars could
really only work half a day. His reaction: he went to the VP of MIS and
told him to fire half the programmers! Fortunately, the VP talked him
out of it.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=