Re: Bad Idea

Subject: Re: Bad Idea
From: Maurice King <benadam -at- CYBERDUDE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:49:53 -0500

I think many members of the list missed the point that I was making when I wrote:

>If a company is interested only in hiring a person >hailing from a certain geographic location, a certain >gender, a certain ethnic background, or any other such >criteria that may be less than politically correct,
>that company should recruit via a forum that >sympathizes with their preferences.

The key words here are "less than politically correct."
If a company plans to discriminate, which is both
illegal and disgusting, TECHWR-L should NOT be the forum
for posting a job opening for such a company.

Also, because this list is frequented by a large number
of North American writers, it's worth noting that not
all countries regard such practices as illegal or even
mildly distasteful. It would be better if the bigots
were easy to identify rather than to subject
unsuspecting candidates to abuse.

I hope my point is clearer now -- and I would hope that others would agree with me that TECHWR-L should disassociate itself with discriminatory hiring practices.

- Maury

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=