Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?

Subject: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:25:13 -0500

I noted that this was grounds for a strike in Michael's union, however I
grew up putting two spaces after the dad-blammed period, and I want to
keep doing it. (Great, there's a group forming at the loading dock now,
I bet!) But Word marks it as incorrect (or worse, AUTOCORRECTS IT!)
every time I do it. Ees makin' me CRAZY!

Does anybody know how to tell Word to mind its own business and leave my
stinkin' spaces alone?

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=